Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Encoding of the MP3 tags on Mac Os X

After I started to use Mac OS one problem was constantly annoying me.
iTunes would not properly interpret mp3 tag info of my Russian songs, that I had to copy from my old Windows XP machine.
Instead of the song name in Cyrillic i would see a pseudo-Unicode gibberish. I tried to reimport, tried to rewrite iTunes library file.
Nothing would work. Luckily, after a long search online I have found a reference to the Unicode Rewriter on one of the Mac Os Hints (link) forums.
This java program worked beautifully. Check it out.

2 comments:

HazyDavey said...

Thanks man! I had the same problem. Will try the converter today.
Cheers

Anonymous said...

thanks